Authorities identify men who traveled on stolen passports
NBC News: Malaysian authorities have identified a 19-year-old Iranian male who traveled on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight on a stolen passport, but he is not believed to be linked to any terrorist organization.
Authorities have released photos of the Iranian man and another unidentified male, both of whom traveled on stolen European passports to board the missing airline.
Follow every detail on this story as it emerges on BreakingNews.comPhoto: A Malaysian police official displays photographs of two men who boarded the Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight using stolen European passports. Police identified the man at left as the Iranian teenager (Manan Vatsyayana / AFP - Getty Images)
Flake - Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
[tw: rape, abuse, misogyny, objectification] 2014 is not a good year to be a teenage girl. The last of the 90’s kids are growing up and we are starting to see the effects of being raised with the Internet. For generations before us, hormonal teenage boys looking for sexy images of women had limited options; they could brave the embarrassment of going to the counter and buying Playboy, they could look through their sister’s Cosmo or they could use their imagination. Porn today has rid itself of the embarrassment-factor by embracing the anonymity of the World Wide Web; Playboy isn’t really considered to be porn anymore, the real stuff lives in your phone, on your laptop, your tablet; it is available anywhere, anytime at the touch of a button. In fact this very website receives a steady stream of hits that result from someone googling some combination of ‘housekeeping porn’ + ‘sex’, ‘lesbian’ and/or ‘rape’. As you read this, somewhere there is an eleven-year-old boy curiously typing ‘porn’ into Google, probably hoping to see some big boobies. Fast forward a couple of years and he is masturbating to a video of a crying woman who is being tied down, simultaneously penetrated by three men, spanked, and being called a whore. Young boys are being de-sensitized to violence and the more they consume, the more abusive, the more graphic the porn has to be to excite them.
(83# Guernsey) Margaret Ann Neve: Why she kicks ass
- She was the only known super-centenarian born in the 18th century to live to the 20th century.
- She was the first super-centenarian to live in three centuries.
- She was the first recorded female super-centenarian.
- She was the only super-centenarian to live in the whole 19th century.
- As a child, Neve survived a fall down the stairs, which left her concussed for three days.
- She was educated in Bristol, England, and had an interest in literature and poetry.
- Neve traveled abroad to various countries with her sister; their last trip was in 1872, when they visited Cracow (then in Austria-Hungary, now in Poland).
- She was the oldest living person before her death at age 110 years 321 days and also the oldest person ever at that point.
- She was surpassed by Louisa Thiers in 1925, though she is still the oldest one of two super-centenarians from the Channel Islands.
If you want to read about more kick ass women from our Women Of The World theme, click here.